Shimmering gold is our new favorite neutral to add a little luxe to a child’s room. From lighting to party ideas, here are a few of our favorite ways to turn the shine on with this perfect color for fall.
Hayleigh Gold Chandelier
Gold Circle Blossom Mirror
Wire Butterfly Decor
1. Add a little sparkle to room accents. Gold is surprisingly easy to mix with warm whites and soft beige tones. Try it with lighting or wall decor for a simple switch that adds whimsy and drama.
Cora Duvet Cover
Cora Decorative Sham
Silk Channel Quilted Bedding
Cora Nursery Bedding
2. Layer it on with other neutrals. If you’re adding gold to bedding, try layering it on top of crisp whites and soft grays.
Golden Bloom Cake
Gold Baby Shower
Gold Mason Jars
Gold Baby Shower
3. Decorate your celebration with dazzling DIYs. When welcoming a new addition to the family or celebrating a special birthday, gold is the perfect color to bring warmth and joy to the festivities. From recipe ideas to party decor, check out our Gold Baby Shower for inspiration.
For more great ideas on decorating and party inspiration, visit Design Studio.
A summertime staple, the classic creamsicle reminds us of happily chasing down the ice cream truck as kids. Since today is National Creamsicle Day, we’ve rounded up our favorite recipes that celebrate this humble treat as summer comes to a close. Enjoy!
The days are starting to get shorter, but that doesn’t mean you have to move the party indoors just yet! We love this Backyard Movie Night from Lay Baby Lay to help make the most of summer’s end. From the sparkling string lights to the cozy lawn setup, we think this party would be a hit with little ones and parents alike.
Looking for more great parties ideas? Visit Design Studio and get inspired.
Between the pops of bright pink and the touches of sophisticated gold, we can’t get enough of this lovely pink nursery from Stephanie Thill, a merchandising director here at Pottery Barn Kids. Here’s a look at what went into this space – and how you can achieve the same look in your nursery or child’s room.
1. Use neutral furniture to balance bright colors or prints on walls and windows. Our Wingback Convertible Rocker helps ground the room without detracting from the light and airy feel of the space.
2. Add gold for a luxe touch. Shimmering gold tones work perfectly as a neutral element, adding sophisticated style that will grow with your little ones.
3. Make the space unique with bold walls and personalized touches. Try a monogram in a complementary shade, or create a display wall with a few pieces from our art gallery.
Check out the reveal on Project Nursery and shop our favorite picks below to get the look!
How are you spending time with your kids as summer quickly comes to an end? We’ve got a few fun-in-the-sun ideas to keep everyone busy before fall begins.
1. Get in the water. Inflatables and outdoor toys offer hours of entertainment. We think an afternoon with this shark sprinkler will make a big splash any summer day!
2. Start snackin’. Let kids get involved in preparing these Banana Dogs by Living Locurto – they’re perfect as an afternoon snack!
3. Play hard. These outdoor game ideas from Handmade Charlotte will keep kids happy in their own backyard. We also love the idea of a backyard bowling alley and other backyard games from our summer games round up.
Visit Pottery Barn Kids for more essentials to wrap up summer and head back to school.
This month is National Golf Month so whether you’re celebrating your little putter’s birthday or doing something special for the golfer in your life, here are a few of our favorite par-tee ideas to make sure their day is a hole-in-one.
A golf-themed celebration lends itself well to classic stripes and preppy argyle. Mix these two patterns with bright pops of color like this Golf Party from Hostess With The Mostess.
Are your little ones geared up for the new school year? Make sure they have all their essentials with three of our print-perfect favorites.
Start the school year right with a backpack made just for them. From functional styles and the perfect fit to their favorite color or print, find the pack that will help them stay organized.
Eat right with a healthy meal and a lunch bag that fits everything from sandwiches to snacks. Explore our lunch bag feature to get recipe ideas and learn more about what fits best in each style.
Keep meals fresh with our food storage and let your little ones make a statement with a colorful water bottle. Want to add an extra-special touch? Download our lunch notes and leave a little surprise for your kids in their lunch bag!
Shop all of our back-to-school essentials and fall favorites at potterybarnkids.com. Are you on Instagram? Tag your PBK photos with #lovemypbk for a chance to get re-grammed or featured on our blog!
Set sail with these adorable Milk Carton Boats from Sweet Little Peanut! From fun stripes to summery gingham, let your little ones’ creativity shine as they build an army of vessels ready for the high seas.
Looking for more great craft ideas? See all of our projects and activities over at Design Studio.