Get inspired by behind-the-scenes moments from our summer catalog photo shoot – and welcome new colors and patterns into your child’s room with our favorite styles. From beach essentials to summer-inspired bedding, celebrate the season in color!
Stylized letters are one of our favorite ways to add a special touch to a child’s room. Whether it’s wall decor or a personalized Anywhere Chair, here are a few ABCs of decorating that will bring style to their space.
1. Furniture that speaks. A statement piece that incorporates letters is a great place to start. Our new ABC Dresser stands out in a nursery, while a personalized headboard – like our Sylvia Bed – complements your child’s bedding. Here are a few of our favorite pieces to help anchor the room:
2. Pillows with personality. If you’re looking to add some style to what’s already in your space, try a few pillows that pop. A simple embroidered or appliquéd letter adds a special touch to make the room their own. See some of our favorites:
3. Walls that talk. Artwork and decorative hooks are fun accents for a room, and a personalized approach makes them even more unique. For added function, try a growth chart or chalkboard with lettered style. Here are some of our ideas:
4. Everyday essentials tailored just for them. Whether it’s a backpack or storage bin, daily-use items are perfect for personalization. Along with adding style, a letter, name or even a recognizable patch keeps things from getting lost or forgotten. These are our picks for everyday essentials:
5. Seasonal gifts that are extra special. Add a tailored touch with items perfect for special occasions. With spring break and Easter approaching, our favorites are personalized towels and embroidered baskets. Here are some options for this season:
Ready to put your ABCs to good use? Visit potterybarnkids.com and start decorating!
Your little ones won’t have any problem eating a few carrots when they’re packed in this easy carrot cake from Sweet Little Peanut. Perfect for an Easter celebration or springtime get-together, this treat is an easy way to dress up your go-to cake mix.
Summer has launched at potterybarnkids.com and we’re brightening up with our favorite colors of the season! See how we’re settling into warm weather with coral, aqua, neutrals, navy and green.
Cheery tones make coral a perfect color for summer. Shop our favorites above, or visit our Shop by Color feature to see more.
Splash right into aqua this summer and add a perfect pop of color to any room! We love the aqua looks above – check out more in our Shop by Color feature.
This summer, classic neutrals are anything but ordinary. See some of our favorite neutral looks and get inspired by our Shop by Color feature.
From navy to indigo, blue makes a bold statement! Shop some of our favorites above, and see the rest in our Shop by Color story.
Spring for green with pieces that are preppy and bright. We love the looks above – discover more in our Shop by Color feature.
Visit potterybarnkids.com to shop all of our favorite colors for summer!
Written by Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day for Building Blocks.
Here’s a DIY that’s perfect for Easter! These paper Jumping Jack Easter Bunnies are really easy to make – and super fun to play with. When you pull the string, the arms and legs move!
- Bunny template
- White card stock
- Colored paper
- Pen or pencil
Step 1: Print and cut the template. On cardstock, trace around the template and cut out the torso, arms and legs of the bunny.
Step 2: Punch the brackets through the spots marked on the template. If it’s easier, use a mini hole punch or an X-Acto knife to get the hole started. Attach the arms and legs. Fold over the ends of the brackets if they stick out.
Step 3: Fold the arms and legs down all the way. Make a small incision or hole at the top of each limb. Cut two 4-inch pieces of string. Pull one string through the incisions at the tops of the arms; pull tight. Tie a knot on either end. Repeat with the legs.
Step 4: Cut a piece of string that’s about 12 inches long. Tie the top of this string to the string that runs between the arms. Pull tight, making sure the arms stay in place, then tie that string to the string that runs between the legs.
Step 5: Decorate and play! To make the bunny easier to hold, glue or tape a loop of string to its head, between the ears.
Are you making crafts to get ready for Easter? Share with us in the comments below!
Celebrate sunny days with warm neutrals and one of our favorite colors for summer: coral. From a cool friend in sunglasses to global-inspired bedding, this cheery girl’s room brings it all together – and Sherwin-Williams Coral Bead SW6873 adds the perfect finishing touch.
1. Let your little one dream of far-off islands and warm summer days under our Elyse Bedding.
2. Add a tribal touch with feathers in white and coral with our Feathered Art Decor.
3. Our designer doll Sicily is ready for the sun with a pair of shades and a beach-ready outfit.
4. Our classic Anywhere Chair gets a summer update with graphic blooms in our Vivian Floral Anywhere Chair.
5. An antique touch like our Brynn Side Table gives the room a rustic touch.
Are you looking forward to decorating for summer? Visit potterybarnkids.com to shop our favorite summer colors – and visit our Design Services page for a special $15 offer from Sherwin-Williams.