In the first of our four-part back-to-school series, we took a look at getting (and staying) organized. Now that you and your little ones are all set, let’s add some details to make school days more fun!
We rounded up three sweet printables to keep your kids encouraged, motivated and smiling through their day.
It’s that time of year – back to school is back! In the first of a four-part series on getting set for school, we’ve rounded up three tips for your home to help kids stay organized.
1. Create a back-to-school station.
Designate a room (or part of a room) as back-to-school central. Fill small bins with basic school supplies – a ruler, tape, glue, hole punchers, erasers, sticky notes, and boxes of crayons and colored pencils.
Hang a calender or pinboard on the wall to help keep track of everyone’s schedules, to-do lists, and things to shop for.
Make a checklist for each child to ensure homework and reading are done, and clothes and shoes are ready for the next day.
2. Prepare for tomorrow the night before.
Pack backpacks so they’re ready to simply grab and go in the morning. Make sure the right homework is in the right bag and that everyone has what they’ll need.
Packing lunches the night before is another time-saving step that will reduce stress on hectic mornings.
3. Build an inspiring desk space.
After a long day in the classroom, give kids a creative, fun place to come home and wrap up assignments. Create a “study corner” with a spacious desk, comfortable chair and a few desk accessories.
For an alternative to a desk chair, add a plush place to sit and read – like our Anywhere Chair, personalized with their name.
Here’s to an organized school year! For more inspiring ideas, visit potterybarnkids.com to shop our entire collection of desks, chairs, storage and more. Plus, check the blog tomorrow for the next installment in our back-to-school series. Here’s a hint: it’s all about extra special details!
Shimmering gold is our new favorite neutral to add a little luxe to a child’s room. From lighting to party ideas, here are a few of our favorite ways to turn the shine on with this perfect color for fall.
Hayleigh Gold Chandelier
Gold Circle Blossom Mirror
Wire Butterfly Decor
1. Add a little sparkle to room accents. Gold is surprisingly easy to mix with warm whites and soft beige tones. Try it with lighting or wall decor for a simple switch that adds whimsy and drama.
Cora Duvet Cover
Cora Decorative Sham
Silk Channel Quilted Bedding
Cora Nursery Bedding
2. Layer it on with other neutrals. If you’re adding gold to bedding, try layering it on top of crisp whites and soft grays.
Golden Bloom Cake
Gold Baby Shower
Gold Mason Jars
Gold Baby Shower
3. Decorate your celebration with dazzling DIYs. When welcoming a new addition to the family or celebrating a special birthday, gold is the perfect color to bring warmth and joy to the festivities. From recipe ideas to party decor, check out our Gold Baby Shower for inspiration.
For more great ideas on decorating and party inspiration, visit Design Studio.
A summertime staple, the classic creamsicle reminds us of happily chasing down the ice cream truck as kids. Since today is National Creamsicle Day, we’ve rounded up our favorite recipes that celebrate this humble treat as summer comes to a close. Enjoy!
The days are starting to get shorter, but that doesn’t mean you have to move the party indoors just yet! We love this Backyard Movie Night from Lay Baby Lay to help make the most of summer’s end. From the sparkling string lights to the cozy lawn setup, we think this party would be a hit with little ones and parents alike.
Looking for more great parties ideas? Visit Design Studio and get inspired.
Between the pops of bright pink and the touches of sophisticated gold, we can’t get enough of this lovely pink nursery from Stephanie Thill, a merchandising director here at Pottery Barn Kids. Here’s a look at what went into this space – and how you can achieve the same look in your nursery or child’s room.
1. Use neutral furniture to balance bright colors or prints on walls and windows. Our Wingback Convertible Rocker helps ground the room without detracting from the light and airy feel of the space.
2. Add gold for a luxe touch. Shimmering gold tones work perfectly as a neutral element, adding sophisticated style that will grow with your little ones.
3. Make the space unique with bold walls and personalized touches. Try a monogram in a complementary shade, or create a display wall with a few pieces from our art gallery.
Check out the reveal on Project Nursery and shop our favorite picks below to get the look!
How are you spending time with your kids as summer quickly comes to an end? We’ve got a few fun-in-the-sun ideas to keep everyone busy before fall begins.
1. Get in the water. Inflatables and outdoor toys offer hours of entertainment. We think an afternoon with this shark sprinkler will make a big splash any summer day!
2. Start snackin’. Let kids get involved in preparing these Banana Dogs by Living Locurto – they’re perfect as an afternoon snack!
3. Play hard. These outdoor game ideas from Handmade Charlotte will keep kids happy in their own backyard. We also love the idea of a backyard bowling alley and other backyard games from our summer games round up.
Visit Pottery Barn Kids for more essentials to wrap up summer and head back to school.
This month is National Golf Month so whether you’re celebrating your little putter’s birthday or doing something special for the golfer in your life, here are a few of our favorite par-tee ideas to make sure their day is a hole-in-one.
A golf-themed celebration lends itself well to classic stripes and preppy argyle. Mix these two patterns with bright pops of color like this Golf Party from Hostess With The Mostess.