Create the perfect space for your little one to dream, play and grow with a few magical touches. Whether it’s adding showstopping furniture or simply refreshing with some new decorative accents, here are our favorite ideas for building a dream bedroom.
1. Add a piece of statement furniture to create a major impact. Look to a theme that your child loves – such as adventure or cars – to find a foundation for the room’s overall design. Here’s some of our favorite furniture that’s filled with wonder – and built to last:
Cottage Loft Bed
Tree Fort Bed
2. Take a page from their favorite fairy tale and dress the room in colors and patterns that are brimming with magic. One of our favorite ways to accent? Shiny, bright metallics – especially gold. Shop our favorite pieces that shine:
Gold Dot Canopy
Gold Dot Nursery Bedding
3. For an easy addition, try decorative accessories that are focused on play – no dream room is complete without toys, dress-up outfits, and plenty of books to read! See some of our newest items that are perfect for gifting:
We’re constantly inspired by the party styling over at Glitter Guide (and the sheer cuteness of Taylor Sterling’s daughter, Elodie). To celebrate the sweet and spooky Halloween party they featured here, we wanted to join the festive fun and throw a scary good giveaway!
Enter below for your chance to win a $1,000 Pottery Barn Kids gift card to sweeten all of your holiday celebrations. Bonus: scroll to the bottom to see some of our favorite photos from Elodie’s first Halloween. Better hurry – giveaway ends Oct. 19th!
Super Hero September isn’t over just yet! You and your little one can celebrate a favorite crime fighter all year with some of our favorite decorating tips that really save the day.
1. Don’t be afraid of a little color. Comic books and their characters tend to be full of bright colors, but that shouldn’t deter you! Celebrate those prints and incorporate rich neutrals – like dark wood with clean, classic lines – to help ground the room. To shop our Avengers™ Room above, visit our Shop Rooms page.
2. Add a bit of “wow.” Incorporate your little one’s favorite super hero with a statement piece – like this Bridge Shelf – to add an unexpected element and unique touch.
3. Go bold on walls. To bring a theme together, try a wall statement like this Batman™ Decal. It’s vibrant and full of action – plus, it’s completely removable!
Celebrate the very end of National Honey Month with a sweet treat that’s versatile year-round: honey graham crackers! We love this simple recipe from Hummingbird High, and we can’t wait to test it out with s’mores, with peanut butter, and as a crust for fall’s comforting pies.
What’s your favorite recipe that features honey? Share with us in the comments below!
Spook up your Halloween celebration with these tiny flying friends. Whether you’re dressing up cupcakes or skewering fruit and cheese, these fuzzy Bat Cupcake Toppers from Oh Happy Day make any party dish extra festive.
Halloween is just around the corner, and our costumes are going fast! From a soft cuddly creature to a character from a fairy tale, find the perfect costume for your little one – here are our favorite ideas:
Trick or treat with something sweet. We love a fun food costume, and these delectable ensembles are so cute, we could eat them up!
Baby Sweetie Pie Costume
Toddler Donut Costume
Dress them up in a wildly festive costume. Your little ones will love these frightfully fun outfits that are wild with style.
Baby Werewolf Costume
Toddler Dino Costume
Toddler Bear Costume
Toddler Bulldog Costume
Make fairy tales come to life. From favorite stories to fairy tale dreams, Halloween is made extra special with these whimsical fantasy costumes.
Toddler Gold Fairy Costume
Mint Fairy Costume
Big Kid Wizard Costume
Toddler Unicorn Costume
Baby Swan Costume
Go for classic comfort. Halloween icons and furry friends are timeless costumes that work at any age.
Baby Pumpkin Costume
Toddler Witch Costume
Pumpkin Tutu Costume
Toddler Glow In The Dark Skeleton Costume
Save the day. For an action-packed celebration, gear up with a super hero costume that’s ready for the festivities.
As the weather begins to cool down, cozy up indoors with a room filled with whimsy. To transition to winter, we love flannel bedding, faux fur accents and Sherwin-Williams Marshmallow (SW 7001) – the perfect shade of warm white to help soften a room. Here are a few more picks for a beautifully cozy space:
1. Our Inlay Mirror reflects the room’s light and reminds us of fairy tales and fantasy stories.
2. For all of those days of playing dress-up, our Mill Valley Vanity Mirror is the perfect spot to house jewelry and trinkets.
3. A few Faux Fur Shams help create a cozy space that’s both chic and warm.
BIG NEWS: We’re partnering with Taylor Sterling of The Glitter Guide! We’ll be teaming up for a series of festive holiday celebrations and some even BIGGER giveaways!
The Glitter Guide is one of our go-to blogs for DIY, interior design and entertaining. This holiday season, we’ll be partnering up to help celebrate the first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas AND birthday of Taylor’s daughter, Elodie. From a friendly Halloween fright to a Christmas filled with new traditions, we can’t wait to follow Taylor and Elodie as they celebrate the season.
Stay tuned to Building Blocks for next week’s official kickoff: a sweet Halloween celebration and giveaway!
Last month, we had the tremendous pleasure of renovating several spaces at Compass Children’s Center in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood, a childcare center serving families facing extreme poverty or homelessness. This was the second community project we’ve completed in partnership with the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children®, which creates Bright Spaces® to support families in crisis.
More than 60 volunteers from Pottery Barn Kids gave their time and talent to transform a classroom and therapy rooms at the center. We repainted hallways and therapy spaces, assembled products like dollhouses and a retro kitchen, and added warm touches to the walls. Most importantly, we were able to provide the children with a magical space to dream, play and learn.
“What we focus on is building inspirational, memorable, magical spaces for kids and our goal is to share that with everyone. We want to share our dreams with everyone who walks in this space.” – Jennifer Kellor, SVP, Merchandising for Pottery Barn Kids
This year’s makeover project is part of our broader commitment to community engagement and creating the same kinds of magical spaces for all children that we create for our customers’ children.
To learn more about the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children, visit its website here.