We love a festive twist on the typical holiday celebration and this adorable Friendsgiving Picnic from Glitter Guide takes the turkey! For a casual daytime gathering before the big feast, Taylor planned a gorgeous outdoor picnic filled with flowers, food and a sweet space to hideout.
See some of our favorite snaps from this celebration and enter below for your chance to win a $1,000 Pottery Barn Kids gift card in our Friendsgiving Giveaway! Better hurry – giveaway ends Dec. 1st!
As the weather continues to cool down, let your little ones invite a few friends for a warm and cozy night in! Here are our five favorite tips for hosting the perfect sleepover.
1. Create a special space. Designate an area that’s ready for fun with a teepee or hanging lights. Make sure to lay the sleeping bags in a cluster or circle so that everyone is included in activities throughout the night.
2. Prepare a plush place for kids to curl up. Whether your little guests will be watching a movie or playing games, make sure there are plenty of pillows, throw blankets and soft seating for an extra cozy evening.
3. Plan a few light snacks for the evening activities. When choosing a sleepover snack, choose something that is healthy and light like Veggie Chips, so that guests don’t have any trouble getting to sleep.
4. Keep extra items on hand. It’s always a good idea to be prepared for any forgotten or lost items like toothbrushes, pajamas or sleeping bags. Create a basket of extra items a few days before the sleepover to be prepared ahead of time.
5. Cook up a mighty breakfast. Greet your sleepover guests with a special breakfast before they head home. Find our favorite recipes over at Design Studio.
We can’t wait to celebrate the Halloween festivities tomorrow and there’s no better way to complete their costume than with the addition of magical face paint! From a sparkling swan to a feline friend, here are a few of our favorite ideas to finish any costume.
Two days and counting! We’re ready for the frightful festivities to begin and are counting down with two sweet treats that would be a perfect spooky surprise in your little one’s lunch!
We know they’ll be all smiles when they uncover one of these Candy-Coated Marshmallow Spiders from The Kitchn in their lunch bag. For a healthier spin on this fun treat, replace the candy and licorice ropes for granola and pretzel sticks!
We’re counting down the last three days until Halloween with three crafts that are all about pumpkins! With plenty of silly expressions and ghoulish gourd faces, you’ll love these simple crafts without that pumpkin-carving mess.
From a traditional Jack-O-Lantern to a friendly smirk, the faces on this DIY Pumpkin Garland from Hellobee are filled with personality! Our favorite over-the-top idea? Add sparkly paint or features like ears or arms for an extra fun garland this Halloween.
Add another layer to your doorstep decor with these Halloween Face Balloons from Mer Mag. Whether you’re including another pumpkin face or a wicked witch and white ghost, this DIY is the perfect way to add additional elements that aren’t too spooky for trick-or-treaters.
Add some extra sparkle to your next party or play date with dash of fairy dust and a little magic! Whether they’re engaged in dress-up or ready for a whimsical celebration, we’ve fallen for all things fairy-inspired this season.
One of our favorite ways to add a touch of magic to a day of play is with fairy-inspired outfits, accessories and toys. Here are a few of our favorite picks:
Silver/Lavender Tutu Skirt
Mini Me Doll Outfit
Ready to sprinkle some more magic into the season? RSVP for the Very Fairy Tea Party at your local store where your little one can create their own magical fairy wand! Visit our Store Events page to learn more.
We’re counting down the days for next week’s costume-filled festivities and couldn’t help but share the adorable photos captured by Monika Hibbs. This little wild thing looks like he’s having quite the rumpus in this plush Halloween costume!
‘Tis the season for comforting baked goods and lots and lots of decadent pumpkin treats. To satisfy that fall sweet tooth, we love this Healthy Pumpkin Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread from Ambitious Kitchen — it has the perfect combination of chocolate chips and pumpkin spice, but packs in a good dose of veggies and whole grains for your little ones!
Ready to start baking? See our other great recipe ideas for fall on Design Studio.