Since we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we’ve always had a soft spot for the Golden Gate Bridge, which opened 77 years ago today. In honor of this special anniversary, we’re sharing five of our favorite fun facts!
1. The bridge is actually not golden at all! It’s a bright red-orange.
2. It was named one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
3. It took four years to build.
4. There are approximately 600,000 rivets in each of the bridge’s towers.
5. It’s the most photographed bridge in the world.