Written by Pam Ginocchio and Melisa Fluhr, Co-Founders of Project Nursery, for Building Blocks.
Each new year represents a fresh start – and the fun opportunity to seek out trendsetting designs from our favorite brands. Pottery Barn Kids tops that list, so we’re thrilled to share five design tips and trends to help you create the nursery of your dreams!
1. Start with the “it” crib. This year, tradition is in – and we’re loving all the twists and glamour in the tufting and tapered legs we’re seeing. The Blythe Crib is perfectly on trend with its elegant sophistication (plus, it comes in a beautiful gray!).
2. Consider navy a neutral. Grays and whites have reigned supreme for a while, so we’re excited to see darker, more regal colors starting to take center stage. Deep navy and even black are popping up all over in furniture and accessories – don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
3. Get creative with preserving memories. Add this to your list of New Year’s resolutions: create a custom gallery wall. Simply collect your favorite framed photos, vary each with different matting, and incorporate one or two design elements to help break up the frames. Our favorite ideas include a shadowbox, wall letters or canvas art. The best part about a gallery masterpiece is that each is always one of a kind.
4. Dress up your windows. Often overlooked, windows offer a great opportunity to add style to a room. Want your kids to sleep in longer? Blackout Roman shades are the perfect solution – and these feature beautiful designer details.
5. Believe in the power of purple. Fresh on the heels of Pantone’s announcement that Radiant Orchid is the color of the year, we expect to see shades of purple make their way into the nursery. Skip pink in favor of this sophisticated hue for a chic, feminine room for a baby girl.
For more ideas and inspiration, visit Design Studio and Project Nursery – and don’t forget to RSVP for the Nursery Style Event this Saturday, 1/18 from 4-6pm for the latest collections, pampering, giveaways and more!