A first Christmas is a very special time for the whole family. Although your baby is probably too young to wait up for Santa or help you bake cookies, there is a comforting sense of warmth and joy that fills the home — not to mention all the interesting smells and sights for a little one that make an appearance at this time of year! This holiday season, make it memorable for every member of the family with these five great ideas for baby’s first Christmas.
1. Choose a special stocking. Make sure Santa knows that this is an extra-special Christmas in your house by giving your baby a stocking that celebrates their first Christmas. Stuff it with a few small, sweet gifts and a plush animal or two.
2. Take lots of photos. Print out a few and preserve them in one of your family albums. When planning for Christmas morning, think about a place your baby can sit or lie to be part of the action and make sure they have their own small chair or a cozy blanket spread on the floor.
3. Hang a commemorative ornament. It can be a small figurine that reminds you of their favorite plush toy, or one that’s designed to be a lifelong keepsake, such as a hand print kit or an engravable frame.
4. Snuggle them up in personalized pajamas. Festive sleepwear that’s personalized with their name looks sweet, and the apparel itself may become one of those treasured keepsakes you hold onto long after your baby has grown.
5. Give one very special gift. A tactile, colorful quilt, an extra-cuddly new plush toy, or a music box that plays a sweet lullaby are all gifts that you’ll enjoy giving as much as they’ll enjoy receiving.
For more great ideas on celebrating your baby’s first Christmas, visit potterybarnkids.com to get inspired.